Travel across Europe from London to Berlin as your group is introduced to some of the most prominent sites and locations of the World Wars. Start your journey in London and tour through the Churchill War Rooms before crossing the English Channel on the same route that the D-Day troops took. Next, your group will travel to Normandy, France and see firsthand the beaches that were taken by the allies that marked the beginning of the end to the axis powers in Europe. Finally, your group will end your tour in Berlin where they will see iconic sites such as Checkpoint Charlie and visit the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: LONDON BUS TOUR/ FREE TIME
- After meeting your JE Guide at the airport, you will transfer by coach to your hotel.
- Introductory London bus tour with a guide
- Shopping Covent Gardens
- Dinner near Trafalgar Square
*Your group may opt to ride the famous London Eye or River Cruise – ask for prices!
DAY 3: CHURCHILL CABINET WAR ROOM / WESTMINSTER ABBEY / THAMES RIVER CRUISE
- Westminster Abbey guided tour including exterior views of Buckingham Palace
- Churchill War Rooms or Imperial War Museum
- Thames River Cruise
- Dinner near London Tower Bridge
- Night near Portsmouth
DAY 4: TRAVEL TO NORMANDY
- Transfer to Portsmouth Ferry
- Cross the English Channel by ferry following the same route as the D-Day troops
- Land at Caen/Normandy and depart for the city
- Check into your hotel
DAY 5: NORMANDY
- Visit the Caen War Museum
- Tour Normandy Beaches: Omaha, American Cemetery, Ponte du Hoc, etc.
- Transfer to hotel in Paris!
DAY 6: NOTRE DAME / EIFFEL TOWER/ ARC DE TRIUMPH
- Notre Dame / Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois
- Souvenir Shopping
- Eiffel Tower / Arc de Triumph
DAY 7: CITY TOUR / BRANDENBURG GATE / SACHSENHAUSEN CONCENTRATION CAMP / CHECKPOINT CHARLIE / REICHSTAG
- Transfer to Berlin
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
- City Tour: Brandenburg Gate, Potsdamer Platz, Checkpoint Charlie, and Reichstag.
- The group may opt to explore on Friedrichstrabe street (Stores close at 8:00 pm).
DAY 8: TRAVEL DAY
- Add 2-3 days and visit Anne Frank House, Bastogne, or WWI Trenches in Ypres.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
This was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on!! I can definitely say it was life-changing.Amy S, Teacher
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher