Journey through Europe remembering the brave men and women of the past world wars. In London learn about Churchill and the Allied invasion, then walk the beaches of Normandy before heading to the front lines. Either visit Bastone or Brussels on your way to final stop: Germany.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: LONDON BUS TOUR/ FREE TIME
- After meeting your JE Guide at the airport, you will transfer by coach to your hotel.
- Introductory London bus tour with a guide
- Free time in the city (Suggested activities available)
Your group may opt to ride the famous London Eye or River Cruise – ask for prices!
DAY 3: CHURCHILL CABINET WAR ROOM / D-DAY MUSEUM / SOUTHWICK HOUSE
- Churchill War Rooms or Imperial War Museum
- D-Day Museum
- Southwick House (Pending government approval)
DAY 4: TRAVEL TO NORMANDY
- Transfer to Portsmouth Ferry
- Cross the English Channel by ferry following the same route as the D-Day troops
- Land at Caen/Normandy and depart for the city
- Check into your hotel
DAY 5: NORMANDY
- Visit the Caen War Museum
- Tour Normandy Beaches: Omaha, American Cemetery, Ponte du Hoc, etc.
DAY 6 & 7: OPTION
(Select one of the options below for your quote)
- World War II Focus
- Transfer to Bastogne (6.5hr drive)
- Visit 101st Airborne Museum
- Visit the Bois Jacques Forest foxholes / old US Military lines
- Luxembourg American Cemetery
- World War I Focus
- Transfer to France/Belgium Border (3hr drive)
- Visit remains of trenches near Lens and Ypres
- Visit In Flanders Fields Museum
- National Memorial Fort Breendonk
DAY 8: CITY TOUR / BRANDENBURG GATE / POTSDAMER PLATZ / MEMORIAL TO MURDERED JEWS / REICHSTAG
- Transfer to Berlin
- City Tour: Brandenburg Gate, Potsdamer Platz, Memorial to Murdered Jews, and Reichstag.
- The group may opt to explore on Friedrichstrabe street (Stores close at 8:00 pm).
DAY 9: SACHSENHAUSEN CONCENTRATION CAMP / TOPOGRAPHY OF TERROR / CHECKPOINT CHARLIE
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
- Topography of Terror
- Checkpoint Charlie Museum
DAY 10: TRAVEL DAY
- Add 2-3 days and visit Anne Frank House, Corrie Ten Boom House, or the Eagles Nest.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher