The history of the Lone Star State runs deep and spills over into the overall historical impact of the United States as we know it. Travel back in time as your group explores famous testaments to Texas’ history including the Alamo, State Capitol, and the LBJ Presidential Library. Watch history comes to life before your very eyes on our Texas State HIstory tour!
DAY 1: AUSTIN / STATE CAPITOL / BULLOCK TEXAS STATE HISTORY MUSEUM / LBJ PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY / TEXAS STATE CEMETERY / AUSTIN BAT BRIDGE
- Begin your trip down to Austin, TX
- After your arrival in Austin, you will tour the State Capitol Building then head over to the Bullock Texas State History Museum and learn about the rich history of Texas
- Lunch on your own
- Visit the Texas State Cemetery and learn about the key figures buried there followed by the LBJ Presidential Library to learn about our 36th president
- Enjoy dinner and a view of the famous “Bat Bridge”
- Check into hotel and devotions
DAY 2: SAN ANTONIO / THE ALAMO / SAN FERNANDO CATHEDRAL / RIVERBOAT CRUISE
- Breakfast and devotions before loading your bus and traveling to San Antonio, TX
- Tour of the Alamo and Mission San Jose with a viewing of the IMAX show Alamo: The Price of Freedom
- Lunch on your own
- Riverboat cruise through San Antonio’s Riverwalk, designed in 1939 as a part of FDR’s Works Projects Administration
- Depart for home
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher