What is a STEM program?
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. STEM programs are an exciting new way to challenge students to critically apply these four fields to consider new discovery. Our diverse STEM program tours will allow your students to visit real-world industries that use STEM concepts for incredible development. Hand-on workshops and interactions with field experts will inspire your students in their STEM-related studies.
Our diverse STEM: San Francisco program is sure to push your students deeper into their studies through exciting learning opportunities. These unique opportunities such as a tour of Intel or an interactive visit to the Exploratorium will help your students see firsthand how passion channeled through STEM studies has and will continue to change the world.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY / GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE / CABLE CAR MUSEUM
- Arrive in San Francisco, CA and meet your JE Tour Director
- Depart for the Golden Gate Bridge where you will walk across the famous bridge after learning about the incredible engineering that went into its design
- Head over to the Cable Car Museum and discover the technologies and mechanical devices that power the iconic San Francisco Cable Cars
- Board a cable car in Union Square and travel down to Fisherman’s Wharf for dinner
- Travel to your hotel to check in and lights out
DAY 2: EXPLORATORIUM / AUTODESK GALLERY AND WORKSHOP
- Breakfast and devotions at your hotel
- Start your day at the Exploratorium where you will be able to explore exhibits through science, human perception, and art
- Wind your way through total darkness using only your sense of touch in the Tactile Dome
- Lunch in the area
- Head over to the Autodesk gallery to view exhibits that focus on pioneering design and inventive engineering including a car that is grown from seeds
- Take part in an interactive workshop and learn what it is like to turn an idea into reality through the use of cutting-edge tools and equipment
- Dinner in San Francisco before returning to your hotel for the evening
DAY 3: CALIFONIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES / INTEL MUSEUM AND WORKSHOP
- Breakfast and devotions at your hotel
- Begin your morning with a trip to the California Academy of the Sciences, the only place on Earth to house an aquarium, natural history museum, and planetarium under one roof.
- If available, based upon tour date and group size, take a behind the scenes tour of the museum where you will receive a more intimate look at the animal residents, learn about cutting-edge scientific research, and more!
- Have a seat in the 75-foot domed Morrison Planetarium for an incredible show about the amazing universe we live in
- Lunch in the area before departing for Santa Clara, CA
- Arrive in Santa Clara, CA and journey to the Intel Museum. Here you will go behind the scenes of this tech giant where you will connect with new technologies, see inside an ultra-clean, highly automated silicon chip factory, and interact with multiple exhibits
- If available, based on tour date and group size, participate in a hands-on workshop at the museum focusing on grade-appropriate topics such as binary, conductivity, circuitry, and more
- Time to walk through the Stanford shopping center before dinner in the area
- Return to the hotel for lights out
DAY 4: TRAVEL DAY / FISHERMAN’S WHARF OR GHIRARDELLI SQUARE
- Breakfast and devotions before checking out of your hotel
- Depending on your departure time, have additional time to site-see in Fisherman’s Wharf or Ghirardelli Square
- Depart San Francisco for home
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher