What is a STEM program?
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. STEM programs are an exciting new way to challenge students to critically apply these four fields to consider new discovery. Our diverse STEM program tours will allow your students to visit real-world industries that use STEM concepts for incredible development. Hand-on workshops and interactions with field experts will inspire your students in their STEM-related studies.
Push your educational opportunities outside the box with hands-on experiences that dive deep into the science and tech world. Students can explore new horizons by entering the team engineering challenge at NASA or by watching Disney defy gravity and centripetal force. The STEM: Orlando experience will be sure to inspire your students as their STEM skills are strengthened.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
- Arrive in Orlando, FL and meet your JE Tour Director
- Depart for Downtown Disney for time to explore and eat dinner
- Devotions at hotel
DAY 2: DISNEY YOUTH EDUCATION SERIES / DISNEY THEME PARK
- Early breakfast and departure to Walt Disney World
- Arrive early to participate in one of the following Disney Youth Education Series programs
- –Evolution of Technology: Explore the attractions of Future World at Epcot to develop an understanding of how human needs and wants drive the development and acceleration of technology. After the program, participants will be able to define technology, discuss evolving technology, articulate the role of mathematics in the development of technology, articulate the role of mathematics in technology, and more.
- –Energy and Waves Physics Lab: Embark on an interactive adventure where you’ll explore the physics of light and sound through select attractions at Magic Kingdom Park and examine the wide range of the electromagnetic spectrum. After the program, participants will be able to articulate and define a variety of forms of energy, demonstrate how scrim is used to create special effects, articulate how optics can aid in the creation of light effects, and more.
- –Properties of Motion Physics Lab: Experience physics in practical application as we demonstrate force, motion, and gravity on some of the most popular attractions at Magic Kingdom Park. After the program participants will be able to identify potential and kinetic energy, define gravity and centripetal force, articulate and demonstrate how to calculate for centripetal force, and more.
- After participating in one of the programs, you will have the rest of the day to spend exploring the theme park connected to your program
- Lunch and dinner at the park
- Return to the hotel for devotions before lights out
DAY 3: NASA PROGRAM / COCOA BEACH
- Early Breakfast and check out of your hotel
- Depart for the Kennedy Space Center where you will participate in the Salute to Science Program which includes:
- Attend a private briefing to learn about important science concepts related to space exploration
- A private presentation with a veteran NASA astronaut
- Hands-on, minds-on Team Engineering Challenge
- Full-Access ticket to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Lunch on site
- Stop by Cocoa Beach to stick your toes in the sand and visit the Ron Jon Surf Shop before heading back to Orlando
- Dinner before returning to the hotel for lights out
DAY 4: ORLANDO SCIENCE CENTER / TRAVEL DAY
- Breakfast and devotions before checking out of your hotel
- Depart for the Orlando Science Center and participate in hands-on exhibits and labs geared toward the STEM program
- Lunch on your own at the Science Center before loading the bus and departing for home
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher