What is a STEM program?
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. STEM programs are an exciting new way to challenge students to critically apply these four fields to consider new discovery. Our diverse STEM program tours will allow your students to visit real-world industries that use STEM concepts for incredible development. Hand-on workshops and interactions with field experts will inspire your students in their STEM-related studies.
This supplement to your school’s STEM program will have your students learning about the science of physics and aerodynamics through an indoor skydiving experience, hands-on engineering, and technology encounter with TXRXLabs, and an up-close look at the hub of space travel, NASA. The Houston STEM trip combines fun and learning that will perfectly complement your school’s in-class curriculum.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY / TXRX LABS
- Arrive in Houston, TX and meet your JE Guide
- Depart for TXRX Labs and get ready to unleash the creative genius inside as you will get hands-on tour experience in this Tech/Shop Lab environment
- Head down to dinner
- Travel to your hotel for check-in and lights out.
DAY 2: MOODY GARDENS / GALVESTON ISLAND
- Breakfast and devotions at your hotel before loading your bus and traveling to Galveston
- Start your day at the world-famous Moody Gardens
- Head out to catch a flick and watch it come to life while engaging all your senses in the 4D Special FX Theater
- Lunch on the Bay
- Depart for Galveston Island to spend the afternoon soaking up the rays and relaxing before dinner
- Souvenir shopping if time permits
- Dinner by the sea wall before returning to your hotel for the evening
DAY 3: JONHSON SPACE CENTER / IFLY (INDOOR SKYDIVING)
- Breakfast and devotions at your hotel
- Begin your morning with a trip to the Johnson Space Center. At this NASA facility, you can learn about everything from living in space, the history of NASA, to their current missions. After a guided tour of this Space center, you will be free to explore all the additional activities!
- Lunch in the area
- Head over to iFly to participate in the best physics classroom experience you’ll ever know! With instruction from distinguished professors, get a full hands-on experience through the indoor skydiving simulation
- Dinner in Houston
- Head back to hotel
DAY 4: TRAVEL DAY / 1940 AIR TERMINAL MUSEUM
- Breakfast and devotions before checking out of your hotel
- Depending on your departure time, head down to the historic Air Terminal and experience the sights and sounds of what used to be the leading air-terminal in Houston, and perhaps even catch the daily air show!
- Depart Houston for home
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher