What is a STEM program?
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. STEM programs are an exciting new way to challenge students to critically apply these four fields to consider new discovery. Our diverse STEM program tours will allow your students to visit real-world industries that use STEM concepts for incredible development. Hand-on workshops and interactions with field experts will inspire your students in their STEM-related studies.
Compliment your classroom’s STEM program with an in-depth tour of the Boston area on the STEM Boston tour! On this tour, your group will explore the Waterworks Museum learning about one of the country’s first water systems and the engineering it took to create this masterpiece. Participate in a hands-on STEM workshop at MIT, and visit a local technology start-up company to learn about and examine new technologies on the frontlines of creative development. This tour will broaden your student’s horizons as they venture outside the classroom for an unforgettable learning experience!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY / BOSTON
- Your group will take an early flight to Boston in where you will meet your Joshua Expeditions Tour director.
- Meet your Joshua Expeditions Tour Director at the airport in Boston and transfer to your hotel for a brief orientation
- Walking tour of Boston. You will visit Bunker Hill, the USS Constitution, Copp’s Hill Burying Ground, Old North Church, and the Paul Revere House
- Dinner in the North End and bakery visit
- Your first day will conclude with group devotions at the hotel
DAY 2: FREEDOM TRAIL / BOSTON WATERWORKS MUSEUM
- Breakfast at the hotel
- You will continue your walking tour by heading to the Freedom Trail and visiting Boston Common, State House, Granary Burying Ground, Park Street Church, King’s Chapel, Old South Meeting House, the Boston Massacre Site, Old State House, and Faneuil Hall.
- Lunch on your own and time to shop at Quincy Market
- You will begin your STEM discovery by touring the Boston Waterworks Museum. Learn about one of the country’s first water systems, an engineering masterpiece, which also boasts to be the first to perform biological water analysis.
- Dinner in the area
- Devotions at hotel
DAY 3: MIT WORKSHOP / TECH COMPANY TOUR
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Today your group will tour the famous MIT campus and participate in a hands-on STEM workshop* at one of the country’s leading institution. Explore the MIT museum and be inspired by the great minds of America’s past.
*MIT Programs are all pending MIT approval and may depend on the day requested. Should MIT not be available, nearby STEM workshops will be pursued.
- Lunch on your own
- In the afternoon, your group will visit one of the many start-up technology companies in Boston. Students will examine new technologies and learn on the frontlines of creative development.
- Return to hotel for devotions
DAY 4: BOSTON MUSEUM OF SCIENCE / TRAVEL DAY
- Breakfast at hotel
- Check out/load luggage onto the bus
- Your group will attend an interactive workshop at Boston’s Museum of Science and then have time to explore the many exhibits before departing for the airport.
- Transfer to airport for your flight home
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
This was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on!! I can definitely say it was life-changing.Amy S, Teacher
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher