What is a STEAM program?
STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics. STEAM programs are an exciting new way to challenge students to critically apply these five fields to consider new discovery. Our diverse STEAM program tours will allow you to visit real-world industries that use STEAM concepts for incredible development. Hand-on workshops and interactions with field experts will inspire you in your STEAM-related studies.
Experience hands-on learning opportunities while exploring one of the most economically-driven capitals of the world! On this STEAM London journey, your group will have the opportunity to explore the picturesque capital of London, visit the Victoria & Albert Museum, see a real Enigma machine at Bletchley Park, tour the famous Tower Bridge, enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of the London Underground, and much more. You won’t want to miss a moment on this incredible tour of one of the financial capitals of the world!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: WELCOME TO LONDON / THE CRYSTAL
- After meeting your JE Tour Director at the airport, you will transfer by coach to The Crystal, the home to the world’s largest exhibition on the future of cities. Created by the powerhouse tech-company, Siemens. Go on a guided tour of the facility and the exhibits.
- Check into your hotel
DAY 3: CHURCH SERVICE / VICTORIA & ALBERT MUSEUM / SCIENCE MUSEUM
- Attend a local Church service
- Visit the Victoria & Albert Museum, the world’s leading museum of art & design.
- Should time allow, also visit the London Science Museum across the street.
(Workshops available – ask your Travel Coordinator for options and pricing!.)
*Tonight, the group may opt for a West End show – ask for prices.
DAY 4: BANK OF ENGLAND MUSEUM / WESTMINSTER ABBEY / BUCKINGHAM PALACE / LONDON EYE
- Visit the Bank of England Museum and learn how currency influences a city’s economy.
- Westminster Abbey guided tour, including an exterior view of Buckingham Palace!
- Dinner near Trafalgar Square
- Tonight, ride the famous London Eye!
DAY 5: BLETCHLEY PARK / THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF COMPUTING
- Transfer to Bletchley Park to tour the famous site of the World War II code breakers! Visit Alan Turing’s office and see a real Enigma machine.
- Next, visit the National Museum of Computing to see the world’s first electronic computer!
- Transfer back to London and to your hotel
DAY 6: THE LONDON TRANSPORT MUSEUM & TOUR / COVENT GARDENS
- Visit the London Transport Museum
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of the London Underground!
- Shopping in Covent Gardens
- Dinner in Leicester Square
- Evening view of Piccadilly Circus
DAY 7: TOWER OF LONDON / TOUR OF THE TOWER BRIDGE
- Visit the inside workings of the famous Tower Bridge!
(Ask your Travel Coordinator about in-depth tour options.)
- Lunch at Borough Market
- Tower of London
- Night view of the Tower Bridge
DAY 8: TRAVEL DAY
-Add a visit to the Crossness Engines, the spectacular Victorian cast ironwork sewage system that opened in 1865! (only open on select days; ask your Travel Coordinator for more info)
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher