Experience the city that never sleeps as you examine New York City’s most historical sites on the NYC Historical Tour. See the city like never before as you stroll through Midtown on a walking history tour, understand the gravity of diplomacy at the United Nations tour, enjoy a new perspective of the city from the top of the Empire State Building, and much more! Recognize the parallels of history to today’s world in one of the world’s most famous cities!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY / RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL
- Your group will arrive in New York City and meet your Joshua Expeditions guide at the airport then transfer to the hotel for check-in and a quick orientation.
- You will head into midtown Manhattan for the afternoon, including lunch at Grand Central Station and a walking history tour of Midtown. (Remember that lunch is not included in the price of the trip.)
- During the afternoon you will see such sites as Bryant Park, New York Public Library, Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall.
- The evening will close with dinner, devotions and a time of discussion.
DAY 2: ST. PATRICK’S CATHEDRAL / UN / BROADWAY
- Following breakfast, the group will set out to visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral, The Teddy Roosevelt Birthplace, and the Lower East Side Tenement Museum.
- After lunch, you will tour the United Nations, and then you will enjoy an evening on Broadway, including dinner and a show.
- Devotions at the hotel will conclude the second day.
DAY 3: NEW YORK HISTORICAL SOCIETY MUSEUM / CENTRAL PARK / EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
- Today you will visit the New York Historical Society Museum during the morning and then spend some free time at Central Park after lunch.
- Later, your group will head to Lincoln Center for a walking tour then spend some time shopping on 5th Avenue or at Macy’s department store.
- Following dinner, your group will head to the top of the Empire State Building for a spectacular view of the city. The day will conclude with devotions at the hotel.
DAY 4: STATUE OF LIBERTY / WALL STREET / 9/11 MEMORIAL
- This morning your group will transfer to Battery Park then take the ferry past the Statue of Liberty on your way to Ellis Island.
- After touring the museum that chronicles the immigrant experience of the early 20th century, the group will return to Manhattan for lunch.
- During the afternoon you will enjoy a walking tour of the Financial District, including Trinity Church, Wall Street, the New York Stock Exchange, Federal Hall, St. Paul’s Chapel, and the 9/11 Memorial.
- In the evening, you will have the special treat of dinner at Stardust Diner, home to the singing waitresses.
- Afterward, you will have some leisure time to explore Times Square before returning to the hotel for devotions.
DAY 5: BROOKLYN TABERNACLE / PROSPECT PARK / TRAVEL DAY
- [Scheduled for Sundays] Your group will attend the morning service at Brooklyn Tabernacle where you will see and hear its renowned choir up close.
- In the afternoon, you will enjoy lunch in Prospect Park or a location near the church. (Remember that lunch is not included in the price of the trip.)
- After some time to explore Prospect Park, your tour of NYC will be concluded and your group will gather belongings at the hotel and head to the airport for the flight home.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
This was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on!! I can definitely say it was life-changing.Amy S, Teacher
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher