Travel to one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean and be a part of life change on the Missions in the Dominican Republic tour. After your arrival, your group will participate in various service projects including light construction projects, feeding programs for children, VBS camps, and more as you seek to serve the local people. In addition to serving, visit one of the most famous beaches in the Dominican Republic, Sosua Beach (if time allows). Your group will not want to miss this trip!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY / ORIENTATION
- Arrive at Santo Domingo Airport and meet your JE Tour director before transferring to your hotel
- Check into your hotel, near to one of the most famous and beautiful beaches in the Dominican Republic, Sosua Beach!
- Have a brief orientation regarding the ministry days
- Dinner and devotions before returning to the hotel for lights out
DAY 2-4: MINISTRY PROJECT
- Your JE Guide will meet you at the airport.
- Transfer to local ministry site about 15-20 minutes away from Hotel
- Light construction projects
- Afternoon children’s ministry
- Dinner (with the option of attending a local church service on Wednesday evening)
- Debrief time
- For these ministry days, there will be different work projects for your group each morning at the villages, such as painting, light construction projects, etc.
- In the afternoon, your group will provide a VBS program, song, dramas, puppets, games for the children in the communities. You can expect 50 to 70 kids. You will have many occasions to share your faith through your deeds and words.
- (If times allows, each day your group could visit the beautiful Sosua beach after the ministry projects)
DAY 5: TRAVEL DAY
- Last minute souvenir shopping
- Transfer to Airport
- Fly home after an amazing lifetime experience in the Dominic Republic
- Add one more day and do a fun activity such as zip lining or snorkeling!
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I would highly recommend JE …Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective. They do more than …Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been inspired, leadership skills developed, and …Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve been a group leader with JE for the last eight or nine years and I would not imagine traveling …Maribeth D, Teacher