Come witness the incredible work God is doing in Romania with JE on the Missions in Romania tour! Travel to southern Romania and partner with local missionaries who serve children in the local gypsie villages and low-income communities through children’s Bible programs. Travel during the winter months and have the unique opportunity to help pass out Operation Christmas Child boxes to children in neighboring communities! This once-in-a-lifetime ministry experience will leave a lasting impression on your group and burden your heart to pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ around the world!
**Note – Group size cannot exceed 24 persons.**
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
- Take an overnight flight into Bucharest, Romania.
DAY 2: ARRIVAL & CITY INTRODUCTION
- Your group will arrive late in the evening.
- You will meet your Joshua Expeditions Tour Director at the airport after passing through security.
- Check into your hotel and then enjoy dinner.
DAY 3: TRAVEL TO MINISTRY SITE
- Following breakfast at your hotel, the group will head to the train station and travel to the heart of Transylvania. In Braşov, you will meet with your local missionary team.
- Break for lunch nearby.
- Make a quick visit to Biserica Neagră, a Gothic-style Lutheran cathedral known as the Black Church.
- Travel on to the camp and get settled. Depending on time, your group may start doing some projects around the camp or jump into a kids ministry.
- Conclude with dinner at your mission camp.
DAY 4-7: MINISTRY
- Over the next four days, your group will serve local communities by providing such activities as a children’s camp, construction projects, visitation in nearby villages, and ministry work at small schools.
- One morning, your group will visit the local small town and spend some time praying over the city.
- There will also be opportunities to minister to the Romani people in the area’s Gypsy villages.
- Stop to see Bran Castle, known as one of the temporary residences of Vlad the Impaler, whose other name “Dracula” was given to the vampire character in Bram Stoker’s 19th-century novel.
- Each day will offer unique cultural experiences as you interact with local residents and share with them the Good News of Jesus Christ. During the evenings, you will spend time debriefing each day’s events.
DAY 8: BUCHAREST
- In the morning, you will transfer from camp to Bucharest.
- After arriving at the Bucharest hotel, you will check in and explore the city.
- Your exploration of Bucharest will begin with a walking tour that includes a visit to historic Old Town, the National Gallery of Art, and Parliament Palace (formerly known as The People’s Palace), which is the second largest administration building in the world after the Pentagon.
- Following dinner in the city, your group will have a bit of free time before returning to the hotel.
DAY 9: TRAVEL DAY
- Your time in Romania will conclude with travel to the airport for your flight back to the States to conclude your educational tour.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher