On this Missions in Riobamba experience, travel to Ecuador and serve alongside our ministry partners in Riobamba, a beautiful city surrounded by magnificent snow-capped volcanoes! Visit indigenous villages in the Andes mountains, bringing joy to local children by performing VBS camps with songs, drama performances, and games. A perfect blend of missions, cultural, and adventure experiences wrapped up into one unforgettable trip!
DAY 1: ARRIVE IN ECUADOR
- Fly into Quito, Ecuador – Met you JE Tour Director
- Transfer by bus to a local hotel – Have group’s orientation
DAY 2: TRANSFER TO RIOMAMABA
- Transfer by bus to Riobamba, located at the Chambo River Valley of the Andes
- Enjoy your first Ecuadorian lunch
- Explore the City of Riobamba and its Culture and Traditions
- See different monuments, churches, and parks of this unique symmetrical colonial city located in the Andes of Ecuador and be amazed by the snowcapped volcanoes that surrounded the City.
DAY 3: MINISTRY AT LOCAL SCHOOL
- Go to local school – Do VBS with children
- Visit Senior citizen program
DAYS 4-6: MINISTRY AT CAJABAMBA / ANDES MOUNTAIN
- Transfer to Riobamba to a local New Church building – Your group will work on a light construction project
- VBS activities for the children at the Andes Mountains Villages
DAY 7: OLD CITY OF QUITO / TELEFERICO / MIDDLE OF THE WORLD!
- Have the unique experience at the Teleferico
- Enjoy the best view of Quito City from Rua Pichincha Volcano
- Visit the Old City of Quito (UNESCO World Heritage site)
- Lunch & shopping
- Middle of the World monument
- Transfer to Airport for your flight home after a life-changing week in Ecuador!
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher