See the world through the eyes of a child as you serve a local orphanage on the Missions in Puerto Rico trip! Create fun-filled activities for the local children and teach them the love of Christ through VBS, dramas, songs, and games (light construction projects also available). In addition, take a catamaran cruise to Icacos Island & snorkel in the Caribbean Ocean!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY / EDUCATIONAL TOUR
- Your educational tour group will take a flight to San Juan where your Joshua Expeditions guide will meet you at the airport then transfer with you to the hotel.
- Your group will have time to check in and freshen up before exploring the sights and sounds of your Puerto Rico educational tour, including a trip to the local beach if time permits.
- Following a spectacular sunset, you will enjoy dinner at a local restaurant and then conclude the day with orientation and devotions at the hotel.
DAY 2: MINISTRY DAY
- This day will be spent in ministry at a local orphanage just outside of San Juan.
- The morning will include projects such as painting, cleaning, and light construction around the orphanage house while the children are in school.
- During the afternoon your group will spend time with the children to share songs and Bible Stories, make crafts, and play games.
- This will be a great day to use your gifts and talents to share God’s love!
- During the evening your group will transfer back to San Juan for dinner and a time to share experiences as a group.
DAY 3: OLD SAN JUAN TOUR / MINISTRY DAY
- Following breakfast you will head out to explore the city of Old San Juan, beginning with a guided walking tour of this Old World Spanish settlement founded by Ponce de León, seeker of the fountain of youth.
- Its historic center includes many beautifully restored buildings and homes in the Spanish Colonial style, and your group will see the very forts that once protected the city from foreign invasion.
- Throughout the morning you will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the sights, sounds, flavors, and even the shopping in this colonial city.
- For the afternoon your group will travel again to a local orphanage to spend time in ministry.
- The children always love to hear stories and sing songs, and your group may also want to perform skits or present a children’s fair.
- No matter what activities your group offers, the interaction with the children will surely bring glory to God.
- Following this afternoon of ministry, your group will head back to San Juan for dinner at a typical Puerto Rican restaurant and then close the night with group devotions at the hotel.
DAY 4: ISLA VERDE BEACH / MINISTRY DAY
- Today you will need to grab the sunscreen as your group spends the morning at the white sand beach in Isla Verde! Afterward.
- You will return to the orphanage for one last afternoon of sharing God’s love with the children before concluding the day with dinner in San Juan and a time of devotions.
DAY 5: CATAMARAN CRUISE / SNORKELING
- On your final full day in Puerto Rico, the group will enjoy a Catamaran Cruise to one of the country’s beautiful beaches for a day of snorkeling and fun in the sun.
- This day of relaxation will wrap up with a wonderful dinner in San Juan and a time for devotions and sharing personal experiences with your group.
DAY 6: TRAVEL DAY
- After this rewarding trip to Puerto Rico, it will be time to catch your flight back home to conclude your educational tour.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I would highly recommend JE …Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective. They do more than …Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been inspired, leadership skills developed, and …Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve been a group leader with JE for the last eight or nine years and I would not imagine traveling …Maribeth D, Teacher