See the world through the eyes of a child as you serve a local orphanage on the Missions in Puerto Rico trip! Create fun-filled activities for the local children and teach them the love of Christ through VBS, dramas, songs, and games (light construction projects also available). In addition, take a catamaran cruise to Icacos Island & snorkel in the Caribbean Ocean!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
- Your group will travel to San Juan and meet your Joshua Expeditions Tour Director before transferring to your hotel.
- Your group will have time to check in and freshen up before exploring the sights and sounds of your Puerto Rico educational tour, including a trip to the local beach.
- Following a spectacular sunset, you will enjoy dinner at a local restaurant and then conclude the day with orientation and devotions at the hotel.
DAYS 2-3: MINISTRY DAYS
- Each day will be spent in ministry at a local orphanage just outside of San Juan.
- The morning will include projects such as painting, cleaning, and light construction around the orphanage house while the children are in school.
- During the afternoon your group will spend time with the children to share songs and Bible Stories, make crafts, and play games. This will be a great day to use your gifts and talents to share God’s love!
- During the evening your group will transfer back to San Juan for dinner and a time to share experiences as a group.
DAY 4: OLD SAN JUAN TOUR / HALF MINISTRY DAY
- Following breakfast, your group will travel again to a local orphanage to spend time with the children through songs, games, arts and crafts, and more.
- In the afternoon, you will explore the city of Old San Juan, beginning with a guided walking tour of this Old World Spanish settlement founded by Ponce de León, seeker of the fountain of youth. Its historic center includes many beautifully restored buildings and homes in the Spanish Colonial style, and your group will see the very forts that once protected the city from foreign invasion.
- Visit El Morro, San Felipe’s Castle!
- Dinner in the evening
DAY 5: CATAMARAN CRUISE / SNORKELING
- On your final full day in Puerto Rico, the group will enjoy a Catamaran Cruise to one of the country’s beautiful beaches for a day of snorkeling and fun in the sun.
- This day of relaxation will wrap up with a wonderful dinner in San Juan and a time for devotions and sharing personal experiences with your group.
DAY 6: TRAVEL DAY
- Travel to the airport for your flight home.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher