On this Missions in Jamaica trip, spend the week serving in a remote mountain village with a population of barely 3,000 people in South-Central Jamaica. Serve an impoverished community group with an average unemployment rate of around 75%. Your group will help alleviate some of the physical hardships that this community endures every day by helping with various activities from house construction/repairs to schools to discipleship opportunities. This trip is completely focused on relational ministry and impacting the community for Christ. Be ready for a life-changing week that will challenge your group to take what they learn back to their own community!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
- Arrive and meet your JE Guide at the airport, you will transfer to your mission house lodging.
- Introduction to the culture and region of the Island where you will be staying.
DAY 2-5: MISSIONS WORK
- Mission style lunch and dinner each day
- Spend the week serving a remote mountain village of about 3,000 people in south-central Jamaica. Work with an impoverished community with around 75% unemployment where education past the 8th grade is difficult and scarce. Your group will help alleviate some of the physical hardships that this community endures every day.
- Projects include house builds, home repairs, assisting local school teachers, evangelism, and discipleship with locals who have been left by the community with no one to care for them. The focus here is to build relationships so the gospel can be shared through the long-term commitment of the local ministry!
- Nightly activity (Craft Market, Various Courtyard events in the community, split up dinners in local Jamaican homes, etc.)
DAY 6: FINAL MINISTRY DAYS & FAREWELL EVENT
- Complete all service projects and opportunities
- Free time activity with the community
- Farewell event in the community
DAY 7: NORTH COAST FUN DAY
- Breakfast and Debrief/Devotions
- Depart for the North Coast
- Lunch on your own
- Beach time (Shopping, souvenirs, pool or at the beach!)
- Beach entrance for a small fee
- Pizza by the pool
- Final Team Meeting and Reflection
DAY 8: TRAVEL DAY
- Breakfast and Debrief/Devotions
- Head to airport for departure home
- Add 1-2 Days to enjoy more of the beauty on the island, or spend another day at the beach!
IMPORTANT TRIP INFORMATION
- *TRIP DATES MUST BE FROM SUNDAY TO SUNDAY*
- **Donation and What to bring lists will be provided
- ***Trip must have a minimum of 20 total travelers
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher