Join us as we travel to beautiful Eastern Kentucky and serve one of the poorest communities in the US. Your group will participate in various projects that all seek to help an area struck with immense poverty including home repairs, evangelism, painting, cleaning, and more. This Missions in Appalachia trip will help your group develop a deeper understanding of what it means to serve their neighbors with the love of Christ.
**This is an intensive mission trip with mission style housing and meals.**
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
- After meeting your JE Tour Director at the airport, you will transfer to your mission house lodging
- All travelers are required to bring their own towel, toiletries, pillow, and sleeping bag/bedding
- Introduction to the culture and region of Appalachia
DAY 2-4: MISSION WORK
- Mission style lunch and dinner each day
- Serve with the local ministry in one of the poorest areas in all of the United States and one in the greatest need of hearing the Gospel
- Only 17.7% of the population over the age of 25 has a college degree
- Median household income is barely over the poverty line at $22,296 annually
- Projects at the mission site will differ depending upon the time of year and greatest need at the time
- Projects may include house repairs, evangelism, painting, cleaning, and more
- Nightly activity (bonfire, local history lesson such as viewing the Coal Miner’s Daughter movie, community outreach, etc.)
DAY 5: TRAVEL DAY
- Breakfast and devotions
- Optional morning hike through State or National Park
- Depart for airport
- Add 1-2 days of extra ministry!
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
This was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on!! I can definitely say it was life-changing.Amy S, Teacher
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher