There’s no better way to learn a new language than to experience the culture up close and personal! Our Language Immersion in Paris program allows students to improve their French conversation skills, reinforce correct grammar and expand vocabulary. Partnered with classroom learning, this trip will help students experience the Parisian culture through hands-on learning opportunities including practicing French in the local markets, preparing traditional dishes, and exploring beautiful architecture.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
- Depart for France
DAY 2: ARRIVAL AND CITY INTRODUCTION
- After meeting your JE Guide at the airport, you will transfer by coach to your hotel.
- Meet your bilingual Joshua Expeditions tour guide at the airport in Paris, and then transfer to the hotel for a brief orientation.
- Journey up to Sacre-Coeur for a view of Paris
- Explore the Montmartre area and practice your French with the street artists.
DAY 3: HISTORY AND ART
- Visit the Cathedral of Notre Dame
- Practice your French in the markets and shops of the historic Latin Quarter.
- Break for Lunch
- Visit the famous Louvre Museum, home to Mona Lisa and many other astounding works of art. A language activity can also be integrated into your visit at the museum.
- Walk the Avenue des Champs-Élysées and view the Arc de Triomphe.
Your group may opt for an evening of opera at the famous Palais Garnier (ask for prices)!
DAY 4: CHRIST AND CULTURE
- Attend a local Church service
- Visit and explore the Palace of Versailles and Gardens
Your group may opt for an evening Seine River Cruise (ask for prices)!
DAY 5: VISIT THE KITCHEN
- Take a French cooking class or a food tour of Paris!
- Break for Lunch
- Climb the Eiffel Tower
- Your group may opt to enjoy a freshly made crape under the Eiffel Tower!
Your group may opt to return to the Eiffel Tower after dark to see a light show!
DAY 6: LIVE LIKE A LOCAL
- Visit Paris’ very own theme park, Parc Asterix Paris (Open April-November). Claiming to be the only place in Paris where the “Gallic spirit” prevails, there are water rides, roller coasters, shows, and more. The day will be spent joining local students and families enjoying their own French counterpart to America’s Disneyland.
- The group may opt to return to Paris early to spend some time exploring the Rue Cler markets street OR exploring the famous Paris Flea Market (Sun-Mon only).
- Free time to buy souvenirs
Your group may opt to see a movie tonight at a vintage theater or interact with locals at a city park!
DAY 7: TRAVEL DAY
- Add 2 days and visit Caen and the Normandy beaches!
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
This was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on!! I can definitely say it was life-changing.Amy S, Teacher
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher