There’s no better way to learn a new language than to experience the culture up close and personal! Our Language Immersion in Munich program allows students to improve their German conversation skills, reinforce correct grammar and expand vocabulary.
Partnered with classroom learning, this trip will help students experience the German culture through hands-on learning opportunities including practicing German in the Viktualienmarkt (local market), learning about traditional dishes, and exploring historical architecture.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
- Overnight flight to Germany
DAY 2: ARRIVAL AND CITY INTRODUCTION
- After meeting your JE Guide at the airport, you will transfer by coach to your hotel.
- Explore Marienplatz
- Visit St. Peter’s Church
- Shopping at Viktualienmarkt, a great place to interact and practice speaking in German.
- Dinner /Hofbrahaus
DAY 3: CHRIST AND CULTURE
- Attend a local evangelical church
- Visit Residenz Palace Museum
- Depart for Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Night in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
DAY 4: HISTORIC GARMISCH – PARTENKIRCHEN
- Stop by Partnach Gorge and see the 1936 Winter Olympic Games stadium
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle
- Night back in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Tonight your group may opt to see traditional Bavarian dancing!
DAY 5: GERMANY’S NATURAL BEAUTY
- Travel up to the Zugspitze Mountain, Germany’s highest peak! The group will ride a cogwheel train up and a cable car down, and you will need to need to navigate your way around, reading signs and ordering all of your food using your German language skills. Enjoy a hike around scenic Lake Eibsee. Hiking, mountain biking, and other activities are available. (Fees for optional activities are not included in the price of the trip.)
- Depart for Munich
- Check into your hotel
DAY 6: LIVE LIKE A LOCAL
- Go visit a Christian High school in Munich and spend time practicing your German with students your age!
- Go on a food tour learning about (and tasting) all the local delicacies.
- Your group may decide to go to the English Gardens or spend some time shopping to practice your German.
Tonight your group may decide to go see a movie in German!
DAY 7: GERMANY IN THE 20TH CENTURY
- Tour Dachau Concentration Camp
- Visit Olympia Park
- Visit BMW Museum/Welt
Tonight your group may opt to go up the Olympic Tower at night to see the Munich city lights!
DAY 8: TRAVEL DAY
- After this once-in-a-lifetime experience, you will say “Auf Wiedersehen” and fly back home!
- Add 2-3 days, and visit and visit Berlin or Salzburg!
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher