Be a part of the rebuilding efforts in a city that was drastically damaged by Hurricane Harvey. Come together with the local community to assist in rebuilding the physical buildings and play an important role in meeting the emotional and spiritual needs of those impacted by the storm.
*This is an intensive mission trip that requires flexibility and may include mission style housing and meals.
**A need to bring a list and donation list will be provided closer to trip dates.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
- Meet your JE Tour Director at the Airport or at the designated Ministry Check-in site
- Introduction to the culture and region of Houston post-Hurricane Harvey
- Dinner and devotions at Ministry Site
DAY 2-4: MISSION WORK
- Breakfast will be at the ministry site with morning check-in
- Mission style lunch and dinner each day
- Groups will partner with local churches and will be serving in areas directly impacted by hurricane Harvey. Projects can range from hard manual labor, clearing away brush, trees, limbs, or trash, painting, feeding local workers, or helping local ministries continue their service of the Houston people who were directly impacted by the storm. Be prepared for rough conditions, potential exposure to hazardous materials, or other concerns associated with storm damage situations.
DAY 5: TRAVEL DAY
- Breakfast at ministry site with morning devotions
- Finalize work projects and wrap up at ministry site.
- Depart for home
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher