Watch the Bible come to life in front of your eyes as your group explores the ancient land of Israel on the Holy Land Tour. Your group will sail on the Sea of Galilee, pray in the Garden of Gethsemane, rejoice at the Garden Tomb, and so much more! You will never be the same after you journey down these ancient roads and walk the same roads as Jesus, Paul, and other notable Biblical figures.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: TEL AVIV
- You will be welcomed at the airport by your JE Guide.
- Transfer to your hotel for dinner and some time to prepare for the adventure ahead.
DAY 3: GALILEE / CAPERNAUM
- Your group will board a boat and begin the tour by crossing the waters of the Sea of Galilee. Along the way, you will participate in a special onboard worship service before arriving at Capernaum, the center of Jesus’ ministry in Galilee. Your group will visit the synagogue which stands on the site where Jesus taught, and you will recall his teaching and preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom of God.
- At Kibbutz Nof Ginosar, you will learn about the “Ancient Boat,” a rare example of the kind of boat in which Jesus would have sailed, and then your group will travel to the Mount of Beatitudes where Jesus preached to the people.
- At Tabgha, the traditional location for the calling of the disciples and the feeding of the five thousand, you will visit the Church of the Fish and the Loaves. Your group will also visit the Chapel of the Primacy, where three times Peter professed his devotion to the risen Christ.
- Your day’s tour will conclude at the River Jordan, where you will be asked to remember your own baptism while standing at the Yardenit Baptismal Site.
- Dinner and time to reflect on the ministry of Christ.
DAY 4: BEIT SHEAN / NAZARETH
- This morning your group will visit the ruins of Beit Shean, which was continuously inhabited for 5,000 years and was one of the Roman cities Jesus passed on his way from Galilee to Jerusalem.
- You will also visit Nazareth, Jesus’ boyhood home, then travel the ancient caravan route to Tel Megiddo, where 20 different cities lie superimposed upon each other.
- Later, your group will visit the Roman Aqueduct and Theatre at Caesarea, a center of the early Christians where Cornelius became the first Gentile convert to the new religion and where Paul was imprisoned before being taken to Rome for trial.
- Dinner and group devotions.
DAY 5: JERICHO / DEAD SEA SCROLLS / BETHLEHEM
- Today you will travel first to Jericho and visit the ruins of this ancient city that was conquered by Joshua. From Jericho, you can see the traditional site of the Temptation of Jesus, and even today the road from Jericho to Jerusalem twists for miles as it climbs from below sea level into the Judean Mountains.
- Later, your group will head to Qumran, site of the discovery of the Dead Sea Scroll, and you will learn about the mysterious community of Essenes who once lived on the shores of the Dead Sea.
- Continuing to Bethlehem, you will visit the cave revered as the place where Jesus was born, and you will see the church that has been constructed on the site. Before departing for the evening, you will also view nearby Shepherds’ Field, where the Good News was first heard. This evening will close with a shared time of devotions.
DAY 6: JERUSALEM
- This morning your group will head to the Haas Promenade to enjoy a panoramic view from the south of Jerusalem, the Old City walls and the hill called Mount Moriah where Abraham was commanded by God to offer his son Isaac as a burnt offering. You will view the Kidron Valley and the Valley of Gehenna, and you will be able to stand atop the Mount of Olives just as Jesus did when he ascended to heaven. The view on the Mount of Olives is remarkable as you take in the “Golden City” of Jerusalem with its Temple Mount and Dome of the Rock.
- Later, your group will visit the Chapel of the Ascension, then spend some time praying in the Garden of Gethsemane before continuing to Mount Zion to visit the House of the High Priest Caiaphas, where Jesus was imprisoned for a night.
- Before the evening hours, you will have a chance to stand in the Upper Room, revered as the place of the Last Supper, and then view the site of King David’s Tomb.
- There will be much to share with your group as the evening concludes with dinner and a time of devotion.
DAY 7: JERUSALEM
- A visit to the Southern Wall excavations of the ancient Temple will include the Teaching Steps and the Western Wall. You will be able to walk the partially-restored Cardo, the ancient main street of the Old City that was once lined with shops, and you will have a chance to view the Pool of Bethesda, where Jesus performed the Sabbath miracle.
- Your group will stop to sing a hymn in the Church of St. Anne before visiting Herod’s Antonia Fortress, where Jesus was brought before Pontius Pilate just prior to his crucifixion.
- The day will conclude with a reverent walk along the Via Dolorosa, “the Way of the Cross,” until you reach the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- This emotional day will conclude with dinner and group devotions.
DAY 8: MASADA / DEAD SEA
- Your group will visit Masada, Herod’s mountaintop fortress which became the last stronghold of the Jewish Rebellion against the Romans. You can ride a cable car to the top then peer down upon the remains of the Roman camps and siege ramp below.
- Your group will then stop at the shores of the Dead Sea for a quick dip in the salt- and mineral-laden waters.*
- Dinner and group devotions.
*Fees for optional activities are not included in the price of the trip.
DAY 9: ELN KAREM / GARDEN TOMB
- This morning your group will travel to Ein Karem, known as the birthplace of John the Baptist and the place where the Virgin Mary visited her cousin Elisabeth.
- You will be able to worship at the Garden Tomb, a possible site of the garden of Joseph of Arimathea, and you will share in the reality of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- The remainder of your afternoon will be free for personal exploration.
- Dinner and group devotions
DAY 10: TRAVEL DAY
- Your tour of the Holy Land comes to a close today as your group heads to the airport for the return flight to the U.S.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher