The best of both worlds collide on the Foundations of Our Nation tour to see our nation’s capital and it’s historic beginnings. Your group will first visit Washington D.C. to see some of the country’s most historic places including the White House, Capitol Hill, and Arlington Cemetery before visiting the living museums of Jamestown Settlement and Colonial Williamsburg. This all-encompassing tour will be sure to capture your group’s attention and imagination as they gain a new appreciation for our nation’s history.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY / MEMORIALS
- After meeting your JE Guide at the airport, you will transfer to DC
- Visit the Smithsonian Museums where your group will visit the Air and Space Museum, the American History Museum, and the Natural History Museum
- Next, the group will visit the National Archives to see the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, and US Constitution
- Evening guided walking tour of the Tidal Basin Memorials: Jefferson, MLK, and FDR
- Devotions at hotel
DAY 2: CAPITOL HILL / MUSEUM OF THE BIBLE / WHITE HOUSE / MALL MEMORIALS
- Morning visit to Capitol Hill
- The group will visit the Capitol building* (guided tours with availability), then have self-guided interior visit to Library of Congress where the group can see the beautiful mosaic architecture and a Guttenberg Bible, next the group will have exterior visit to the Supreme Court.
*Congressman meet & greets organized by group
- Afternoon self-guided visit to the Museum of the Bible
- Afternoon exterior visit to the White House
*Interior tours organized by group with Congressman
- Evening guided walking tour of the Mall Memorials: Lincoln, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam
- Devotions at hotel
DAY 3: ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY / MOUNT VERNON
- Morning guided walking tour Arlington National Cemetery where the group will visit the JFK gravesite and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier to see the Changing of the Guard.
*Wreath layings organized by JE, dependent upon availability; ANC Trolley available at additional cost.
- Iwo Jima Marine Memorial
- Afternoon visit to Mount Vernon, George Washington’s home. The group will tour Washington’s mansion, explore the grounds and gardens along the river, and learn about George and Martha at the education center.
- Arrive in Williamsburg and check-in at hotel
- Devotions at hotel
DAY 4: COLONIAL WILLIAMSBURG
- Guided morning tour of Colonial Williamsburg, afternoon self-guided visit – lunch in the area. The group will have a chance to explore the living museum of 1700s Williamsburg. Groups will have a chance to visit the blacksmith shop, milliner shop, silversmith shop, or the Governor’s Palace.
- Dinner at Colonial Williamsburg Tavern – groups enjoy a Colonial-style dinner with Colonial entertainment
- Evening guided walking tour
*Groups can choose different tours
DAY 5: JAMESTOWN / DEPARTURE
- Jamestown Settlement guided morning tour where groups will walk through a Powhatan Village, see the ship replicas that brought the English to America, and walk through a recreation of the Jamestown Fort.
- Add day trips to Gettysburg, Monticello, St. John’s Church – Richmond, Philadelphia, and Ministry
- Newseum, Spy Museum, National Zoo, Metro ride
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher