With an abundance of marine and wildlife, the Explore The Galapagos Islands tour takes a closer look at each island (Baltra, Bartolome, Santa Cruz, and Seymore) while studying how they were formed and examining their individual species. This scientific journey is by far a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
- After meeting your JE Tour Director at the airport, you will transfer to your hotel
DAY 2: BALTRA / SANTA CRUZ ISLAND
- Today your group will board a plane and fly to the Island of Baltra.
- Upon arrival, you will meet your naturalist guide and transfer by bus to the Santa Cruz Highlands.
- In the afternoon, your group will visit Tortuga Bay Beach, covered with white sand and the turquoise colored water.
- After a full day of learning, your group will check into the hotel that is located in the center of the city of Puerto Ayora.
- In the evening, following dinner, the group will take some time for teaching and devotions before lights out.
DAY 3: BARTOLOME ISLAND / PINNACLE
- This morning your group will visit the spectacular Bartolome Island. This is the most attractive landscape of the archipelago. You can appreciate a spectacular view of two beautiful bays and observe the fascinating formations of lava and volcanic cones
- You will also have a chance for snorkeling around Pinnacle Rock. It is an experience you won’t soon forget!
- Return to the hotel.
DAY 4: NORTH SEYMOURE / OR PLAZAS
- Lying just to the north of Baltra, Seymour is a low island consisting of uplifted submarine lava. North Seymour Island is a spectacular place to hike, swim, and enjoy snorkeling.
- After a short climb over the “pillow lavas,” the rest of the trail is flat and easy, apart from some boulders on the frigate bird loop. The landing is rich in wildlife. The main attractions are the frigates, boobies, gulls, hawks, green sea turtles and the famous Galapagos Sharks.
- Return to the hotel.
DAY 5: CERRO MEZA
- The naturalist guide will meet up with you to head over to Cerro Mesa. This place provides an impressive view of the archipelago
- Traveling to the west side of the island, you will see the largest crater on Santa Cruz.
- You will take a break for lunch.
- Then head to El Garrapatero, which is a wide bay with multiple sandy beaches. It is a nice area for swimming and relaxation, while you enjoy the wonderful view.
- Return to the hotel for Dinner and accommodation
DAY 6: CHARLES DARWIN RESEARCH STATION / DEPARTURE
- Early in the morning visit the Charles Darwin Research Center.
- Tour the Van Straelen Exhibit Center and the tortoise rearing houses where you will observe giant tortoises in their natural habitat.
- There will also be time for a bit of souvenir shopping in town.
- Then depart on your short flight back to Quito and then home.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
This was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on!! I can definitely say it was life-changing.Amy S, Teacher
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher