**This tour is reserved for college-aged students or adult groups. For the high-school student version of this trip, see Explore South Africa (HS) tour.**
Get ready to experience a country like no other on the Explore South Africa tour! On this exciting journey, your group will experience some once-in-a-lifetime moments including viewing a breathtaking sunset from Signal Hill, discussing weighty historical moments with President Nelson Mandela’s prison warden, taking a dip in the Indian Ocean, and experiencing a real-life safari! This experience will be one you will never forget!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
- Depart from the US for South Africa.
DAY 2: CAPE TOWN / TABLE MOUNTAIN / SIGNAL HILL
- After arriving in Cape Town, meet your JE Tour Director at the airport.
- Cape Town city sight-seeing tour
- Take a cable car ride up Table Mountain for the incredible views!
- View the sunset from Signal Hill
- Welcome dinner
DAY 3: CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT / DISTRICT 6 MUSEUM / ROBBEN ISLAND
- Walking tour of Cape Town Central Business District (CBD) & Parliament buildings
- District 6 Museum
- Input from Mary Burton, member of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission
- Robben Island Boat Trip and Island Tour
- Meeting with Mr. Christo Brand, President Nelson Mandela’s warden while he was in prison.
DAY 4: WORLD LEADERS LECTURE & MEETING
- Spend the day meeting with various leaders and influencers in public governance sphere
- Hosted by the University of Stellenbosch School of Public Leadership, listen to specialists and lecturers.
DAY 5: SEA POINT PROMENADE CYCLING / LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL VISIT / COMMUNITY PROJECTS
- Cycling experience along the Sea Point Promenade in Cape Town
- Visit the black townships Khayelitsha and Gugulethu
- Learn more about the Apartheid system
- Visit high schools and informal businesses in the area with a local pastor
DAY 6: SIMON’S TOWN / AFRICAN PENGUINS / INDIAN OCEAN SWIM / CAPE OF GOOD HOPE HIKE
- Drive to Simon’s Town via Chapman’s Peak drive & spend time at the Boulders with African Penguins
- Take a swim in the Indian Ocean
- Educational drive to Cape of Good Hope
- Hike from the Cape of Good Hope to the lighthouse at Cape Point (where the two oceans meet)
DAY 7: RADIO KC / SAFARI
- Visit Radio KC, a local community radio station
- Drive to Aquila Game Reserve for safari
- Enjoy a scenic game drive in a game tracking vehicle
- Return to Cape Town for dinner
DAY 8: LOCAL CHURCH SERVICE / CHEETAH OUTREACH & CONSERVATION PROGRAM
- Meet with the members of a local congregation for morning worship service
- Information session about HIV/AIDS in South Africa
- Afternoon visit to Cheetah Outreach and Conservation Program
- Visit Spice Route in Paarl
DAY 9: V&A WATERFRONT / ZEITS MUSEUM OF MODERN ART / GREENMARKET SQUARE / TRAVEL DAY
- Visit V&A Waterfront & Zeits Museum of Modern Art
- Shopping at Greenmarket Square before heading to the airport for your trip home
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
This was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on!! I can definitely say it was life-changing.Amy S, Teacher
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher