On the Explore Prague tour, journey to the picturesque capital of the Czech Republic, also known as ‘the City of a Hundred Spires’. Your group will enjoy some unforgettable experiences from a cruise along the scenic Vltava River to a visit to the largest ancient castle in the world, Prague Castle. End your journey with a stroll through the iconic Old Town Square, home to the magnificent Astronomical Clock that has been keeping time since 1410!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: NATIONAL MUSEUM / WENCESLAS SQUARE
- After meeting your JE Tour Director at the airport, you will transfer by coach to your hotel.
- Visit the National Museum, home to 14 million items related to the Czech Republic’s natural and scientific history
- Explore the vibrant and beautiful area of Wenceslas Square, which borders New Town Prague and Old Town Prague
DAY 3: CHURCH OF ST. NICHOLAS / CHARLES BRIDGE / RIVER CRUISE
- Attend a local church
- Enter the Church of St. Nicholas, an impressive 18th Century Baroque-style church where Mozart’s Mass in C was first performed
- View the Lennon Wall, a graffiti wall that has been filled with John Lennon inspired art
- Walk across the Charles Bridge, constructed in the 14th Century the bridge spans the Vltava River guarded on either side by 30 baroque statues depicting various saints.
- Take a River Cruise tour of the Vltava River
DAY 4: PRAGUE CASTLE / STERNBERK PALACE / PETRIN HILL
- Explore Prague Castle, Founded in the late 9th Century the castle is the largest ancient castle in the world
- Visit St. Vitus Cathedral, the seat of the Arch Bishop of Prague and contains the tombs of Bohemian kings and Holy Roman Emperors.
- Visit Sternberk Palac, a former palace now home to ancient Greek and Roman art as well as more modern German and Austrian art including Rembrandt
- Explore Petrin Hill to see wonderful view of Prague from the top of a 130-meter hill
DAY 5: BETHLEHEM CHAPEL / JEWISH QUARTER / OLD TOWN SQUARE
- Visit Bethlehem Chapel, an influential church where Jan Hus was rector
- Take a walking tour of Prague’s Jewish Quarter
- Explore Old Town Square, one of the complete examples of a 14th Century town square in Europe. Also includes the magnificent Astronomical Clock that has been keeping the correct time since 1410.
- Visit Tyn Church, a 13th-century Gothic church which was the center of the Protestant movement in Prague
DAY 6: TRAVEL DAY
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight home
- Add 2-3 Days and visit Cesky Krumlov or Vienna, Austria!
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher