On the Explore Philly & NYC tour, your group will have a blast exploring two of the oldest cities in America! Kick off your journey in the City of Brotherly Love where your group will visit historic sites including the Franklin Institute Science Museum, Congress Hall, and the Rocky steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art before serving the local community with a day of ministry. Continue on to NYC where your group will feel the pulse of the City That Never Sleeps as you explore famous sites including Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and the Statue of Liberty. You won’t want to miss a moment on this exciting northeastern journey!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY / PHILADELPHIA MUSEUM OF ART
- Upon your arrival in Philadelphia, you will be greeted by a Joshua Expeditions representative.
- Following a quick orientation, you will visit Franklin Institute Science Museum, Fairmont Park and the Rocky steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- The day will close with devotions at the hotel.
DAY 2: CHRIST CHURCH / CONGRESS HALL / NATIONAL CONSTITUTION CENTER
- Today the group will explore City Hall, Congress Hall, Franklin Court and the Franklin Post Office before ending at Christ Church in the Old City area.
- You will also enjoy a visit to Betsy Ross House and Elfreth’s Alley, as well as National Constitution Center, Independence National Historic Park and Liberty Bell Center.
- The day will wrap up at the Lights of Liberty show (available from late April through September).
DAY 3: MINISTRY
- The group will spend the day working with a local ministry providing aid to the people of Philadelphia.
- In the evening, you will have time for fun and relaxation before closing the day with devotions at the hotel.
DAY 4: NYC / ROCKEFELLER CENTER / TIMES SQUARE / EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
- This morning your group will transfer to New York City, where you will enjoy a walking tour of Midtown Manhattan and the surrounding neighborhoods.
- You will see such famous and historic sites as St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Rockefeller Center, home of NBC’s Today Show.
- Later, you will enjoy an urban hike through the world-famous neighborhoods of Chinatown and Little Italy, then take a night tour of Times Square.
- Take a trip to the top of the Empire State Building.
- Your evening will conclude with devotions and group discussion, a time to reflect on all you see and learn throughout the day.
DAY 5: STATUE OF LIBERTY / 9/11 MEMORIAL / WALL STREET
- This morning you will visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island to learn about the waves of immigrants that came ashore from 1892-1924.
- Since September 11, 2001, this experience has become even more meaningful.
- Finally, to close out your tour, you will visit the 9/11 Memorial, Wall Street, the New York Stock Exchange, historic Trinity Church and Federal Hall, where George Washington gave his first inaugural address.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher