Bella Italia! Time to experience two of Italy’s greatest cities on the Explore Rome & Florence tour. Start your journey in Florence where your group will experience the beautiful Italian countryside as your tour the Duomo, Piazzale Michelangelo, and Giotto’s Bell Tower before transferring to the bustling city of Rome with its famous historic sites including the Colosseum, Spanish Steps, and Vatican City.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: TRANSFER TO FLORENCE / PONTE VECCHIO
- Transfer to Florence and check-into your Florence hotel.
- See the heart of Florence on a stroll through the city to Ponte Vecchio for some free time to shop.
- You may wish to climb up to Piazzale Michelangelo before dinner to overlook the city.
- Dinner in town
*Your group may like to purchase some local gelato for dessert!
DAY 3: DUOMO / SANTA MARIA DEL FIORE / GHIBERTI’S GATES / GIOTTO’S BELL TOWER / UFFIZI GALLERY
- Tour the Piazza del Duomo, Santa Maria del Fiore, Ghiberti’s Gates, and Giotto’s Bell Tower.
- Free time for a late lunch in the Piazza del Duomo.
- Explore the Uffizi Gallery.
- Enjoy some free time before dinner.
DAY 4: GALLERIA DELL’ACCADEMIA / TRANSFER TO ROME / PANTHEON
- Galleria dell’Accademia
- Lunch on your way
- Transfer to Rome and check-into your hotel
- Walk to the Trevi Fountain for a photo stop.
- Visit the Pantheon and enjoy some free time in the Piazza.
- Dinner near Piazza Navona.
DAY 5: COLOSSEUM / ROMAN FORUM / CAPITOLINE MUSEUM
- Colosseum, Arch of Constantine, Arch of Titus, and Roman Forum.
- Capitoline Museum
- Piazza Venezia
- Dinner in the city.
DAY 6: VATICAN CITY: MUSEUM OF ST. PETER’S BASILICA / PIAZZA DI SPAGNA / SPANISH STEPS
- Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Explore/shop near Piazza di Spagna and visit the Spanish Steps.
- Dinner in the city.
DAY 7: TRAVEL DAY
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher