On the Explore Edinburgh tour, head to the capital of Scotland for an exciting journey through a city steeped in history and lore! Your tour will take you through the streets of Edinburgh where you will glimpse the Crown Jewels of Scotland at the Edinburgh Castle, explore the famous Royal Mile, and hike to the top of Arthur’s Seat for an amazing view of this incredible city.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: CITY BUS TOUR / PALACE OF HOLYROODHOUSE / ARTHUR’S SEAT
- After meeting your JE Tour Director at the airport, you will transfer by coach to your hotel
- City Overview Tour by bus
- Tour the Palace of Holyroodhouse, a Royal Residence with origins dating from the 12th Century
- Visit the Scottish Parliament building
- Take a 25-minute hike to Arthur’s Seat for beautiful views over Edinburgh
DAY 3: EDINBURGH CASTLE / SCOTTISH NATIONAL GALLERY / THE REAL MARY KING’S CLOSE
- Explore Edinburgh Castle, home to the Crown Jewels of Scotland and the Stone of Destiny
- View Scotland’s best collection of fine art at Scottish National Gallery
- Shop and Explore The Royal Mile
- Evening tour of The Real Mary King’s Close
DAY 4: ST. GILES CATHEDRAL / THE JOHN KNOX HOUSE / THE ROYAL MILE
- Attend Church service at St. Giles Cathedral – an Influential protestant church dating back to 1120 A.D.
- Visit the home of the most influential Protestant Pastor in Scotland, John Knox
- Explore Calton Hill and Regents Gardens
Tonight the group may opt to attend a Scottish Military Tattoo performance (Subject to availability) – ask for prices
DAY 5: BRITANNIA YACHT / STIRLING CASTLE
- Explore the favored home of Stuart Kings and Queens Stirling Castle
- Visit the Wallace National Monument, commemorating the 13th Century Scottish hero William Wallace (Braveheart) and located near the site of the Battle of Stirling Bridge
- Visit the Queen Elizabeth’s former floating residence, the Royal Britannia Yacht
- The group may opt to enjoy high tea while visiting the yacht – ask for prices.
DAY 6: TRAVEL DAY
- Add 2 days, and visit Loch Ness and the famous Scottish Highlands!
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
This was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on!! I can definitely say it was life-changing.Amy S, Teacher
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher