Have you ever wanted to explore one of the most historical cities in Europe? Then our Explore Berlin trip is for you! You will visit key locations from past wars, stroll down quaint streets, and see German architecture through a new perspective. Even the most seasoned traveler can learn something new in The Grey City.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: CITY TOUR / BRANDENBURG GATE / POTSDAMER PLATZ / REICHSTAG
- After meeting your JE Guide at the airport, you will transfer by coach to your hotel.
- Begin your exploration of Berlin with a walking tour in the heart of the city seeing the Brandenburg Gate, Potsdamer Platz, and the Reichstag (entrance dependent on availability).
- Walk down the Friedrichstraße with its many stores and shops.
DAY 3: TOPOGRAPHY OF TERROR / CHECKPOINT CHARLIE MUSEUM / MEMORIAL TO MURDERED JEWS
- Visit the Topography of Terror a place of remembrance located on the former site of the SS and Gestapo headquarters
- Walk through Checkpoint Charlie, the American crossing point between East and West Berlin, and visit the museum dedicated to those who risked their lives to win freedom
- Visit the Memorial to Murdered Jews of Europe
- Have a time of reflection and devotion in the Tiergarten
DAY 4: ATTEND A LOCAL CHURCH / CHLO CHARLOTTENBURG / KALER-WILHELM MEMORIAL CHURCH
- Attend a local church
- Explore the largest palace in Berlin at Schloss Charlottenburg built in 1699 by Fredrich I.
- See the Kaiser-Wilhelm Memorial Church
- Time for shopping on the Kurfürstendamm
* Tonight your group may opt to do an evening river cruise – ask for prices!
DAY 5: MUSEUM ISLAND / TV TOWER / EAST SIDE GALLERY
- Tour and explore Museum Island, including the Pergamon Museum where the Ishtar Gate is displayed that Daniel would have walked through in Babylon
- Go to the top of the TV Tower to catch magnificent views of the city
- Have a time of shopping and relaxation in Alexanderplatz
- View the East Side Gallery, the largest intact portion of the former Berlin Wall
DAY 6: TRAVEL DAY
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
This was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on!! I can definitely say it was life-changing.Amy S, Teacher
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher