Journey to the heart of Greece on the edge of the Mediterranean Sea on the Explore Athens tour! Your journey will take you to some of the most iconic ancient architecture features in the world as you explore the Acropolis and the ruins of the Temple of Zeus before taking either a day trip to ancient Corinth or enjoying a relaxing Greek Island day cruise. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience you won’t want to miss!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: PARLIAMENT SQUARE / NATIONAL ARCHEOLOGICAL MUSEUM / MT. LYCABETTUS
- After meeting your JE Guide at the airport, you will transfer by coach to your hotel.
- Parliament Building & Changing of the Guard
- National Archeological Museum
Tonight your group may opt for an evening stroll up Mount Lycabettus for a great view of Athens!
DAY 3: AREOPAGUS HILL / ANCIENT AGORA / ACROPOLIS / LOCAL MARKET
- Areopagus Hill (Mars Hill)
- Ancient Agora
- Acropolis: Temple of Athena, Parthenon, Theatre of Dionysus, and Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Shopping at the Monastiraki Flea Market or The Central Market
* Tonight your group may opt to return to the Agora area for a night view of the Acropolis!
DAY 4: ATTEND A LOCAL CHURCH / PLAKA DISTRICT / TEMPLE OF OLYMPIAN ZEUS AREA
- Attend a local church
- Arch of Hadrian, the ruins of the Temple of Olympian Zeus, and the site of the first modern Olympic Games.
- Panathenaic Stadium
- Shopping in the Plaka district
* Tonight your group may opt to attend a traditional dance or theater performance – ask for prices!
DAY 5: DAY TRIP
(Select when requesting quote)
- OPTION 1:
- Ancient Corinth & Loutra Oraias Elenis (A beach, named after its most famous visitor, Helen of Troy!)
- OPTION 2:
- Greek Island Day Cruise
DAY 6: TRAVEL DAY
- Add 2-3 days, and visit the famous Meteora Monastery region, Thessaloniki, or do a Greek Islands Cruise!
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher