On this unique Explore Athens & Rome tour, your group will experience two of the world’s most influential cultures in one memorable trip! Both of these diverse cities are filled with incredible foods, rich history, and breathtaking architecture. Explore the ancient ruins of Athens and see history come to life before venturing to Rome where art and beauty reign supreme. This amazing experience will influence the way you see the world!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: PARLIAMENT SQUARE / NATIONAL ARCHEOLOGICAL MUSEUM / MT. LYCABETTUS
- After meeting your JE Guide at the airport, you will transfer by coach to your hotel.
- Parliament Building & Changing of the Guard
- National Archeological Museum
Tonight your group may opt for an evening stroll up Mount Lycabettus for a great view of Athens!
DAY 3: AREOPAGUS HILL / ANCIENT AGORA / ACROPOLIS / LOCAL MARKET
- Areopagus Hill (Mars Hill)
- Ancient Agora
- Acropolis: Temple of Athena, Parthenon, Theatre of Dionysus, and Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Shopping at the Monastiraki Flea Market or The Central Market
* Tonight your group may opt to return to the Agora area for a night view of the Acropolis!
DAY 4: ATTEND A LOCAL CHURCH / PLAKA DISTRICT / TEMPLE OF OLYMPIAN ZEUS AREA
- Attend a local church
- Arch of Hadrian, the ruins of the Temple of Olympian Zeus, and the site of the first modern Olympic Games.
- Panathenaic Stadium
- Shopping in the Plaka district
* Tonight your group may opt to attend a traditional dance or theater performance – ask for prices!
DAY 5: CORINTH / LOUTRA ORNELAS ELENIS / FERRY
- Ancient Corinth
- Loutra Oraias Elenis (A beach, named after its most famous visitor, Helen of Troy!)
- Overnight ferry to Bari, Italy
DAY 6: COLOSSEUM / ROMAN FORUM / TREVI FOUNTAIN / PANTHEON
- Check into Rome hotel
- Colosseum, Arch of Constantine, Arch of Titus, and Roman Forum
- Capitoline Museum
- Evening stroll to Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, and Trevi Fountain.
DAY 7: VATICAN CITY: MUSEUM & ST. PETER’S BASILICA / PIAZZA DI SPAGNA / SPANISH STEPS
- Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Shopping near Piazza di Spagna and Spanish Steps
Day 8: TRAVEL DAY
- Add 2-3 days, and visit Pisa, Florence, or a Greek Island!
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher