With a nickname like “the Big Apple”, New York City is bound to have endless food experiences! From touring some of the best institutions and famous foodie establishments to preparing the finished products yourself in a hands-on culinary class, your group will have countless opportunities to experience taste bud nirvana on the Culinary Arts in NYC tour!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY / ST. PATRICK’S CATHERDRAL / RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL
- Arrive in the Big Apple, where a Joshua Expeditions representative will greet your group at the airport.
- Transfer to the hotel and have a brief orientation session
- Set out to experience a cooking demonstration by a renowned chef at the Institute of Culinary Education or comparable institution (pending availability)
- Take a walking tour of Midtown Manhattan and the surrounding neighborhoods. You will see famous and historic sites as Grand Central Station, Bryant Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, and Radio City Music Hall.
- Enjoy your first dinner in one of the ethnically diverse neighborhoods of Queens
- Take a night tour of Times Square
- Devotions and group discussion will close out the day
DAY 2: INTERNATIONAL CULINARY CENTER / CHELSEA MARKET / BROADWAY
- Visit the International Culinary Center (formerly the French Culinary Institute) for a tour and information session.
- Take the subway to Union Square where you’ll walk through the largest farmers market in the city, where many private chefs and restaurateurs shop for their ingredients.
- Head over to Chelsea Market, home to the Food Network.
- Although Food Network does not offer studio tours, Chelsea Market is an NYC culinary marketplace with gourmet delights appealing to any palate.
- Return to the hotel to prepare for a night out on Broadway.
- Following a special dinner, you will attend a Broadway show
- Finish the night with a time for group discussion and devotions.
DAY 3: CULINARY CLASS / CHINATOWN / EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
- Participate in a hands-on culinary class or workshop.
- Walk away enjoying the fruits of your hard work.
- Take a guided walking food tour (in the neighborhood of your choice) led by a knowledgeable tour guide and complete with samples from the stops you make along the way!
- Enjoy a family style dinner in Chinatown (alternative cuisines available upon request)
- Later, the group will head to the Empire State Building
- Then take a trip up to the 86th floor to experience a spectacular view of the city.
- The day will conclude with devotions at the hotel.
DAY 4: STATUE OF LIBERTY / 9/11 MEMORIAL / TRAVEL DAY
- Set out early this morning for a ferry ride past the Statue of Liberty to Ellis Island where you will learn about the waves of immigrants that came ashore from 1892-1924
- Return to Manhattan to visit the 9/11 Memorial
- Head back home.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
This was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on!! I can definitely say it was life-changing.Amy S, Teacher
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher