The best national and natural treasures await you on this Best of Spain experience! Your group will tour the lively streets of Madrid and Barcelona where you will glimpse both the ancient and modern facets of Spanish history. From world-famous art and flamenco dancers to street cuisine and an unfinished Cathedral, this diverse country will gift you an experience you will never forget.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: TOUR OF OLD MADRID / TELEFERICO RIDE
- After meeting your JE Tour Director at the airport you will transfer by coach to your hotel.
- Guided walking tour of Old Madrid (Visit: Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Palacio Real, etc.)
- Teleferico de Madrid (Cable car ride with a view of the city)
- Dinner (Tapas at Plaza Major)
DAY 3: PRADO MUSEUM / PARQUE DEL RETIRO / PALACIO REAL DE MADRID / GRAND VIA
- Prado Museum
- Lunch around Parque del Retiro
- Palacio Real de Madrid
- Shopping at Mercado de San Miguel and on Gran Via
Tonight your group may opt to take a cooking class and learn to make traditional dishes – ask for prices!
DAY 4: ATTEND LOCAL CHURCH / EL RASTRO / REINA SOFIA ART MUSEUM
- Attend a local church
- El Rastro
- Reina Sofia Art Museum
Tonight your group may opt for a traditional dinner with a Flamenco show – ask for prices!
DAY 5: EL ESCORIAL MONASTERY / THE VALLEY OF THE FALLEN / AVILLA “THE CITY OF STONE”
- Cathedral of Avila
- El Escorial Monastery
- The Valley of the Fallen
DAY 6: TRANSFER TO BARCELONA
- Depart for Barcelona
- Stop in Zaragoza for Lunch
- Visit Basilica del Pilar before continuing on to Barcelona.
- Check into your Barcelona hotel
- Evening exploring old Barcelona
DAY 7: BARCELONA
- Visit Poble Espanyol, built for the 1929 World’s Fair, this recreated Spanish village contains ten centuries worth of Spanish architecture as well as numerous cultural exhibits and presentations.
- Visit Park Güell and see the Sagrada Familia, Gaudi’s unfinished and controversial cathedral.
- Your group may opt to visit the Picasso Museum this afternoon or another art museum (Ask for prices).
DAY 8: BARCELONA
- Visit La Pedrera, the apartment house designed by Gaudi in the early 1900s
- City tour through the ancient streets of the Gothic Quarter
- Barcelona Cathedral
- Walk through the Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boqueria, to see a diverse market of foods.
- Free time exploring La Rambla, a tree-lined pedestrian boulevard filled with street vendors and performers.
DAY 9: TRAVEL DAY
- Add 1-3 days, and visit historical Toledo, Salamanca, or Seville!
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
This was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on!! I can definitely say it was life-changing.Amy S, Teacher
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher