Discover the “Lost Cities of the Incas” and other mysteries on this Best of Peru trip. Your group will travel around Peru exploring the wonders of this beautiful country including the Korikancha Temple, Sacsayhuaman Fortress, and one of the most spectacular icons of the Incan world, Machu Picchu! This is one adventure you will never forget.
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
- Travel to Lima, Peru and meet up with your JE tour director.
- Have a briefing about the trip and all the sites that are going to be explored.
- Transfer to the Hotel to check in.
- Dinner at the hotel
DAY 2: FLY TO CUSCO / SACRED VALLEY
- After Breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Lima Airport to fly to Cusco!
- Upon arrival transfer to the Sacred Valley to start a full day excursion to Pisac Market and the Ollantaytambo’s Fortress!
- After these amazing experiences, transfer to Ollantaytambo train station to take the expedition train to Machu Picchu downtown, Aguas Calientes!
- Take a small walk through the town to arrive and check in at the hotel.
- Dinner will be provided at the hotel.
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU EXPERIENCE
- This morning you will catch an early bus to Machu Picchu, known as “The Lost City of the Incas.” Your group will arrive in time to watch the sunrise over the Sun Gate and explore Machu Picchu!
- In the afternoon, take the expedition train back to Cusco.
- Upon arrival, enjoy dinner at the hotel.
DAY 4: LOCAL ORPHANAGE / CUSCO HISTORICAL CENTER
- This day your group will be visiting a local orphanage. You will have time to interact with the children and shower them with love.
- Depart to Cusco Historical Center to have lunch.
- In the afternoon, take an excursion to visit The Cathedral, Koricancha Temple, and Sacsayhuaman Fortress!
- After these amazing visits, your group will travel to Juliaca for the night.
DAY 5: JULIACA / PUNO
- After breakfast, transfer to the station to take the bus to Puno.
- Along the way, visit the Chapel of Andahuaylillas, the Raqchi Ruins, and the Pukara Museum.
- Have lunch in local restaurant.
- Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel, to check in to later have a Peruvian dinner!
DAY 6: LAKE TITICACA
- The town of Juliaca is located in the Collao Plateau and is known for its textile business, but you will have a chance to explore nearby Lake Titicaca on this final full day of your expedition.
- Your group will take a boat ride to the floating islands that are made from “Totora reeds”, and while there you will have a chance to explore the town of Puno, a capital of artistic and cultural expressions.
- This day will conclude with dinner and devotions.
DAY 7: JULIACA / LIMA / HOME
- After this unforgettable and amazing trip in Peru, your group will fly to Lima, to take a flight back home.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher