Experience the best Italy has to offer as you ‘Rome’ from coast to coast. Your tour will begin in the capital of the Roman world before journeying through Florence’s breathtaking countryside on your way to the canals of Venice. Enjoy a great overview of Italian culture as the ancient mixes with the modern on this Best of Italy tour!
DAY 1: TRAVEL DAY
DAY 2: ARRIVE IN ROME / TREVI FOUNTAIN / PANTHEON
- After meeting your JE Tour Director at the airport you will transfer by coach to your hotel in Rome.
- Walk to the Trevi Fountain for a photo stop.
- Visit the Pantheon and enjoy some free time in the Piazza.
- Dinner near Piazza Navona.
DAY 3: COLOSSEUM / ROMAN FORUM / CAPITOLINE MUSEUM
- Colosseum, Arch of Constantine, Arch of Titus, and Roman Forum.
- Capitoline Museum
DAY 4: VATICAN CITY: MUSEUM & ST. PETER’S BASILICA / PIAZZA DI SPAGNA / SPANISH STEPS
- Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Explore/shop near Piazza di Spagna and visit the Spanish Steps.
- Dinner in the city.
DAY 5: ATTEND LOCAL CHURCH / TRANSFER TO FLORENCE
- Attend a local church
- Transfer to Florence and check-into your Florence hotel
- See the heart of Florence on a stroll through the city to Ponte Vecchio for some free time to shop.
- Dinner in town.*
*Your group may like to purchase some local gelato for dessert!
DAY 6: DUOMO / SANTA MARIA DEL FIORE / GHIBERTI’S GATES / GIOTTO’S BELL TOWER / UFFIZI GALLERY
- Tour the Piazza del Duomo, Santa Maria del Fiore, Ghiberti’s Gates, and Giotto’s Bell Tower.
- Free time for a late lunch in the Piazza del Duomo.
- Explore the Uffizi Gallery.
- Enjoy some free time before dinner.
DAY 7: GALLERIA DELL’ACCADEMIA / VERONA / TRANSFER TO VENICE
- Galleria dell’Accademia
- Transfer to Venice, stopping at Verona along the way.
- View Juliet’s balcony and the famous Arena.
- Dinner near hotel
DAY 8: ST. MARK’S BASILICA / DOGE’S PALACE / BRIDGE OF SIGHS
- Visit the Basilica of St. Mark and The Doge’s Palace.
- Visit Torre dell’ Orologio and the Bridge of Sighs
- Transfer to Rialto Markets for shopping and view the Rialto Bridge.
- Free time in the city to explore
*Your group may wish to take an optional gondola tour through the canals. (Ask for prices)
DAY 9: TRAVEL DAY
- Add 1-3 days and visit Pisa, Lucca, Assisi, Siena, or Milan!
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher