Get ready to visit some of China’s most incredible sites on our Best of China trip! Be immersed in the ancient culture in the Forbidden City, marvel at the views from the Great Wall, note the attention to detail on the Terracotta Warriors, and much more. An all-encompassing trip that is sure to leave your group in awe!
DAY 1-2: TRAVEL DAY
- Your group will take an overnight flight to Beijing where your Joshua Expeditions guide will meet you at the airport. You will have a chance to freshen up and enjoy dinner before an orientation and discussion time concludes the evening.
DAY 3: TIANANMEN SQUARE / FORBIDDEN CITY / IMPERIAL PALACE / PEARL MARKET
- Visit Tian’anmen Square before moving over to the Forbidden City.
- Your group will be able to visit the Imperial Palace, where you will gain admission to the living quarters, museum and jewelry sections of the palace, and you will marvel at the extravagance of the Ming
- In the afternoon, your group will visit the Temple of Heaven and the Pearl Market. Group discussion will follow dinner in the evening to wrap up the first day of sightseeing.
DAY 4: GREAT WALL AT BADALING / SACRED WAY
- This morning the group will visit the stupendous Great Wall at Badaling and walk along its ancient ramparts.
- Later, you will stroll along the Sacred Way, guarded by stone statues of warriors and mythical beasts, on the way to the Ming Tombs.
- Enjoy a traditional Peking duck dinner in the evening with a time of discussion will round out the day.
DAY 5: BEIJING ZOO / SUMMER PALACE / TRANSFER TO XI’AN
- Today, your group will visit the pandas at the famed Beijing Zoo then visit the Summer Palace before transferring to the airport for a flight to Xi’an.
- Once in Xi’an, you will enjoy dinner and an evening drive by the Xi’an Bell Tower
- The day will close with dinner and group discussion.
DAY 6: TERRACOTTA WARRIORS / SHAANXI HISTORY MUSEUM
- Today, you will visit the celebrated Shaanxi History Museum and the Wild Goose Pagoda.
- After lunch, take an excursion to the First Qin Emperor’s Tomb and its famed legion of Terracotta warriors and Bronze Chariot and Horses.
- In the evening, the group will see a local Xi’an folk show, then close the day with dinner and discussion.
DAY 7: TRANSFER TO SHANGHAI / NANJING ROAD
- During the morning, your group will fly to Shanghai, China’s center of commerce
- Once there, you will tour emporium-lined Nanjing Road or Huai Hai Road and then see the colonial-era
- Dinner in the evening will be followed by a time of group discussion.
DAY 8: SHANGHAI MUSEUM / JADE BUDDHA TEMPLE / ACROBATIC SHOW
- Today’s tour will introduce you to the glories of ancient China at the Shanghai Museum and the Jade Buddha Temple.
- In the evening, you will enjoy an acrobatic show at the Portman Theater before rounding out the day with dinner and group discussion on this final evening in China.
DAY 9: TRAVEL DAY
- Following breakfast, the group will transfer to the airport for the return flight to the States.
- During the flight, you will cross the International Date Line to arrive home on the same day as your departure.
WHY TRAVEL WITH JE?
Here at Joshua Expeditions, our ultimate goal is to provide opportunities for life change through travel. Every high-quality travel experience with JE is a chance for travelers to deepen their understanding of God, examine new cultures through a Biblical worldview, and help give back through the JE Ministry Fund. Explore the world with JE and see how you can make a difference.
WHAT TRAVELERS ARE SAYING ...
I loved that JE planned most of the meals to focus on the local cuisine. It was a great experience!Alissa P, Teacher
I love this organization! It makes planning so easy and we have never been disappointed.Kristen P, Teacher
Thank you for your faithfulness in serving Jesus through this wonderful ministry of student travel. I highly recommend JE!Diane H, Vice Principal
JE is Christ-centered and they understand the importance of training students to have an eternal perspective.Dr. Larry T, Head of School
The trained guides of JE have led with such excellence that our students have been encouraged to share Christ.Dr. S.L. Sherrill, Superintendent
I’ve traveled with JE for the last nine years and I would not imagine traveling with any other company.Maribeth D, Teacher
JE’s depth of knowledge, logistics, and well-trained guides are why I don’t take trips with any other company.Scott T, Teacher