THE JE MINISTRY CYCLE
One of the most rewarding parts of our year at Joshua Expeditions is seeing all the ways that our Ministry initiatives help people around the world. We are humbled to be able to give back to our Mission contacts throughout the year, and our travelers should know that it’s all because of them! Our student groups not only provide these ministries with short-term service groups, they also give us the ability to provide the ministries with tangible gifts year round.
OUR MINISTRY CYCLE HAPPENS IN 4 BROAD STEPS.
- Joshua Expeditions partners with ministries around the world. We are connected with soup kitchens, distributions centers, orphanages, building programs, urban ministries, and rural ministries around the world.
- Joshua Expeditions provides full-service travel planning and support to schools and churches. At our heart, JE is a ministry, but to a lot of people, we are a travel company. It’s the main service that we provide for our groups, and it’s what we excel at.
- Joshua Expeditions schools and churches participate in service and outreach with our partner ministries. This is the fun part. We encourage JE travelers to participate in ministry and service opportunities, regardless of what city they are visiting. Whether it’s a half day at a soup kitchen or a 5-day medical clinic, we love seeing our groups become the hands and feet of the Jesus.
- Your short-term service becomes our long-term relationship with partner ministries. This is where we come full circle. JE groups are so passionate about their ministry time on their trips, that by the end of the trip, we oftentimes have ministries asking us when the next JE group is coming. Your short-term trip turned into a long-term relationship, and we have the pleasure of starting the cycle again, year after year.
TRAVEL THAT CHANGES LIVES
As a 501 c(3) non-profit, Joshua Expeditions is committed to supporting various ministries and organizations with monetary donations throughout the year. Its important to us to not only take groups to serve but to also give sacrificially as an organization. We want to help support those who are in greatest need and your travel helps fund ministries all over the world. Our staple program is called Food for the Children.
FOOD FOR THE CHILDREN
For every trip that books and travels with Joshua Expeditions, we are able to give away food to our partnering orphanages, refugee center, and organization in Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala, Los Angeles, Savannah, Romania, Rome, and Uganda.
These organizations provide year-round care for children, families, the homeless, or refugees. Joshua Expeditions travelers should know that it is because of them that these organizations are able to get year-round support. The Food for the Children money goes a long way in being able to provide nutritious meals and special programs for ministries that sometimes have a hard time even meeting their yearly budgets. The more JE groups that we have, the more money we are able to donate to these ministries. It’s a win-win.
OUR UGANDA FAMILY
As an extension of our Food for the Children program, JE sponsors 50 children in Uganda through various organizations. All of the organizations are run by Christian Ugandan nationals and have proven to be financially responsible. We are proud to note that all of the money designated for this program goes directly to fund the children’s programs, with almost 90% allocated for tuition, food, and clothing. It is our desire to see these children grow up with a Biblical foundation, a good education, and all the love and support that we can provide for them.
Some of our office staff had the opportunity to visit. Read about their journey here.
WHO ARE OUR SPONSORED CHILDREN?
Right now 10 of the children that we are sponsoring are from a slum ministry in the heart of Kampala. The children are all boys that have been rescued from the slums and live in a transitional orphanage home. This is also the same orphanage that our Food for the Children money feeds three times a week.
Fifteen of our sponsored children are from a Christian secondary school that has shown to produce very mature Christian teenagers and also helps them to earn jobs as interpreters.
Twenty-five of the children that we sponsor are from a pro-life pregnancy center that has expanded to become a general clinic for the entire community. Many of these children were saved from abortions when their mothers were counseled to choose life and accept Jesus as their Savior. Many of these children are also HIV positive.
In addition to these main programs, we also support various smaller programs throughout the year. These additional services include:
- Subsidizing the cost of building materials for groups on our construction teams
- Providing a youth retreat for 100 teens from San Jose, Costa Rica every year
- Providing student scholarships for JE Tours through our Leave a Legacy Scholarship