- Depart for Jekyll Island and meet your JE tour director on site for a quick orientation
- Visit to the Georgia Turtle Center where you will participate in a shallow bay study by wading and collecting creatures in the shallow water environment
- Dinner and Devotions
- Check Into hotel and lights out
- Breakfast and devotions
- Depart for the oldest remaining British Fort on Georgia’s coast, Fort King George, where you will learn about the fort’s history and can climb to the top of the guard houses for an amazing view of the Georgia coast
- Visit to the Tidelands Nature Center for hands-on educational experience and a seine net pull to look for juvenile marine species with a marine biologist
- Squid and calcareous algae dissection before heading to the iconic Driftwood Beach
- Dinner before returning to hotel for lights out
- Breakfast and devotions
- If time permits, last minute souvenir shopping and a stop at the Fort Frederica National Monument
- Check out of hotel and depart for home
The JE Experience
What can you expect to experience on your JE tour?
Not every tour provides opportunities for the exact same adventures, but we train our JE Guides to lead you in experiencing these five aspects of any culture you visit — what we call The 5 “Locals.”
As you experience The 5 “Locals,” we hope you do so not as any cultural observer would. Rather, we seek to immerse you in other cultures specifically from a Christian worldview. That leads us to ask three questions as you experience The 5 “Locals”:
- What value or naturally good things has God placed in this culture?
- How has God already been working in this culture as part of his ongoing work of reconciling all things to himself?
- Are there ways I can participate in this work by serving others and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
The JE Difference
We provide global opportunities that will challenge individuals to consider God’s purpose in their lives. Whether through an intentional site talk, incredible nature excursion, or intentional conversation, all travelers will be challenged to either consider Christ for the first time or be inspired to continue on in faithful ministry.
We provide global opportunities that will examine an individual’s character, expand their perspective, and challenge them to greater leadership. We know from firsthand experience that travel can develop a broader perspective of the world and an increased cross-cultural understanding. Our tours challenge travelers to consider their character and leadership skills.
We provide global opportunities for individuals to engage others with the Gospel. Travelers are able to share Christ through both proclaiming and serving. Individuals are challenged to take a spirit of humility and love as they serve under local ministries to advance the Kingdom.